DollsCollectibles

Value of Hillview Lane Porcelain Doll

I have a limited edition Hill View Lane porcelain doll with authentication paper, but know nothing about it. I was wondering if anyone could help me? It says it's limited to 400 pieces, but I can't find anything on it. It is in the original box. I don't want to sell it, just want to know the value (if any), etc. as it was just given to my daughter by her great grandmother. So anything would help.

I love this doll and it may have some value (sadly, most dolls do not  auction sites make all types too available and cheap).

I did find some dolls for sale but none like yours.

You will have to look for the name of your doll on these sites as different names and age make a big difference.

These came from Australia  check your COA.

You may be able to ask questions at the second site listed below:

http://www.ebay  lview-lane-dolls

http://www.hill  ls.com/products/

There is a website called www.worthpoint.com. They do offer a free trial. You might find your doll there. Also go to the Antiques Roadshow website on PBS.org.

The box and the COA tell you all you need to know about the doll's identity. Hillview Lane is an Australian company that imported dolls made in Taiwan & China in the 1980s & 1990s ( I don't know if they are still in business today). You hardly ever see them in the United States. What you DO see in the United States are identical porcelain dolls, wearing different outfits, and in boxes with COAs identifying them as Limited Editions by Duck House, Show-Stoppers, Heritage Collection, Cathay Collection. Goldenvale, & many others. All these companies packaged the same dolls from Asia; sometimes they added a small wrist tag with the doll's name, but if Hillview Lane called their doll Amanda, Duck House may have called the same doll Susan. Sometimes they didn't bother to name them. These porcelain dolls have flooded the second-hand market in 2017. You will find them for sale, MIB, priced anywhere from $5 to $300 each. They are only "worth" what a buyer will pay, and they sell to someone who thinks a particular doll is pretty, not because they are a good investment to collectors. But the market could change at any time. Dolls generating little interest today could become hot collectibles twenty years from now.