Venetian-Blind Plant Markers

Reusable garden markers can be fashioned from old venetian blind slats. You can make 3 stakes from each slat by cutting the slat in thirds and cutting 1 end of each into a point. Use a permanent marking pen to label your markers, then clean them off at the end of the season with lacquer thinner.

By Joesgirl

Answers:

Venetian-Blind Plant Markers

Great Idea! Last year I spent a fortune on markers! Thanks for the great Idea:) (11/03/2004)

By LanieShell

Venetian-Blind Plant Markers

I use the venetian blinds cut into 4' long pieces to make price tags in order to mark the prices at my annual plant sale. Each perennial or annual gets price tag. My tags are written in black permanent marker and my girlfriend's tags are in red. As we sell each perennial we take out the price tag and at the end of the sale all tags that have prices marked in black are mine (and money give to me accordingly) and all tags that are in red marker are my girlfriend's and she gets that much money. Works great. I wash my tags and next year use the same ones again.

I write the names of my indoor houseplants on venetian blind tags also. No more guessing when someone asks me the name of a plant.

I found that the venetian blind tags and permanent marker for name tags in my garden did not work. I "need" to know the names of my perennials for years and years and the marker fades over time and the blind tags get brittle after a few years OR the deer or dogs walk on them in the winter and snap them off.

I buy tooling copper at the craft shop instead. Tooling copper is a soft copper that you can write in and cut with scissors. I cut 1 by 3 inch pieces, hole punch a hole in the corner, write the name of the perennial in the copper, and I have a permanent cheap name tag that will last forever. The copper turns a greenish color over time, but you can leave the tag in the garden winter and summer and never wonder what the name of your plant is again, it's right there. I attach the copper rectangle to a 6 inch piece of wire hanger by threading it through and twisting it once at the top, then I push the end into the ground beside the plant. Wire hangers are free and the copper tag costs me about 9 cents Canadian. (11/03/2004)

By valleyrimgirl

Popsicle Stick Plant Marker
Homemade Plant Markers
Cleaning Venetian Blinds
Cleaning Venetian Blinds
Soda Can Plant Labels
Making Soda Can Plant Labels
🎄