Vinegar as a Dishwashing Rinse

You can use plain old white vinegar in your dishwasher as a rinse agent, it works well and costs only pennies. As an added benefit it helps fight build-up in the dishwasher itself.

By Suzanne

Vinegar Instead of Rinse Agents

Don't buy expensive rinse agents for the dishwasher! Use white vinegar (or apple cider vinegar if you're out of the other) in the rinse cylinder/ compartment of the dishwasher. It especially helps get rid of hard water deposits in areas with well water! (11/15/2004)

By Carlabw

Vinegar as a Dishwashing Rinse

I use about a fourth of a cup with each rinse cycle. I have been using it for years. Commercial rinse agents leave my dishes cloudy and allowed so much buildup the jets clogged. I open the door and add it with the rinse water. The result... sparkling clean dishes every time! (03/12/2005)

By Melanie

Dishwasher full of dishes.
Homemade Rinse Agent Recipes
Homemade Hair Rinse Recipes
Homemade Hair Rinse Recipes
Dishwasher full of dishes.
Saving Money on Rinse Agent
Little Girl Dishwashing
Saving Money On Dishwashing
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet