Visiting Cleveland Metroparks Zoo

A zoo with over 600 species of animals that has a wide variety of educational experiences. Open to visitors and members year round, there is always have something to do at the zoo. This is a guide about visiting Cleveland Metroparks Zoo.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

May 23, 2012 Flag

This is what you see first when you walk into the rainforest exhibit at our local zoo. I could watch this waterfall for hours.

By Shannon from Lakewood, OH

Waterfall in rainforest exhibit.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Wow, I can't wait to go see it in person! There is something so peaceful and calm about water. This is a really nice picture!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

June 9, 2010 Flag

Our son and his wife love to visit the larger zoos around the US. Their favorites are the ones which have made provisions for the animals to live in the closest environment possible to their own natural habitats. Last year they were in Cleveland, Ohio and took these wonderful photos of a Siberian Tiger and a very regal Hamadrya Baboon.

The beautiful Tiger had a waterfall in his habitat which he took advantage of several times to drink from and play in which delighted all the visitors. That big cat loved water as much as our own Sir Catty Kit does.

They sent them to me to share with friends and family, so I'm sharing them with you folks here on Thrifty Fun. I hope you enjoy them with us.

By Pookarina

Tiger at the Cleveland Zoo.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

These photos are so clear and focused. They make these animals look like they were standing right before me. Really nice Pookarina. Thank you for thinking of us here on TF.

Songwriter

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

November 17, 2011 Flag

I love going to the zoo, and I can remember going since I was very little. Every time I would go, the lions would always be laying behind some bushes at the side of the enclosure. Maybe once in a while, the female would poke her head up. I never got to see the male other than a flash of fur here or there.

Well, we took my son to the zoo recently on a nice breezy, cool day. When we walked in, BOTH lions were laying out, awake on a slab of rock. I was so excited to not only see a male lion regally sunning himself, but to get to share the moment with my son! I took plenty of pictures!

By Shannon M.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Beautiful pictures! Those are really great shots, thanks for sharing!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

August 25, 2011 Flag

Plants in Greenhouse at Metroparks Zoon in Cleveland

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I took this picture in the greenhouse at the Cleveland Metroparks zoo. I plan to blow it up and print it out to hang on my wall. I would love to have a little place in my backyard like this!

June 5, 2013 Flag

This is at a spot in the metro-parks where in the evening you can hear really sad bird calls. It is a very melancholy place.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

May 29, 2012 Flag

Child looking over the fence at baby giraffe.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

We were at the zoo and a baby giraffe came over to check us out, and I caught a pic of my son and the giraffe looking at each other.

February 4, 2014 Flag

Traveling Through the Trees (Cleveland Metroparks Zoo)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This is a shot in the Cleveland Metroparks. There is a walkway through the trees at the zoo and this is a shot of one of the bridges on that walkway.

August 20, 2012 Flag

Orangutang with hand to face.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I was at my zoo, watching the orangutans, and one of them was playing peek a boo with a little girl who was watching them. It was so sweet!

Travel and Recreation TravelFebruary 5, 2014
two dogs sniffing noses
Introducing Your Dog to Visiting Dogs
Portland, Oregon
Portland, Oregon Frugal Travel Guide
Cleveland Sign
Cleveland Travel Tips
Visiting Irvine Regional Park (Orange, CA)
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 3:45:15 PM on 10.0.1.229 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.