Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Visiting State Parks

There are many interesting state parks to visit for the day or for camping. This guide is about visiting state parks.

February 15, 2007 Flag

One getaway I would highly recommend is a weekend visit to a state park! I live in Indiana, and you can reserve a cabin for $25 to $35 per night. The cabins are furnished, have electricity, private bathroom and shower, and kitchen. You bring your own linens, dishes, etc. There is no television, which I personally felt was an advantage. We brought cards and board games for entertainment, but you could bring a TV if you really needed one. We stayed for a long weekend and went hiking, explored a cave and a waterfall, went horseback riding and swimming. It was wonderful!

Check with your state's Department of Natural Resources or your local Chamber of Commerce or Parks Department for information in your area.

By Becki from Logansport, Indiana

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Becki, you're right, McCormick's Creek is a very nice state park indeed. I have fond memories of staying there as a kid and my husband & I have stayed in the Inn and camped. I believe that it is the oldest state park in IN and the Inn once was a Sanitorium for people with TB. Another nice park in IN is Brown County State Park. Usually the parks feature an Inn where you can take meals at a reasonable price. I grew up in IN by the way....now in IL.

Debbie52 from IL

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

March 28, 2011 Flag

This is a picture taken at Berkeley Springs State Park, while on a vacation with several ladies in my family. We have been on two ladies-only vacations. Berkeley Springs was a nice place for us to go. Many people believe that the spring water flowing through the park has minerals in it that are helpful with health problems.

We sat in the tub George Washington bathed in. Several presidents have enjoyed the springs, and stayed in the inn. The picture of the hotel is the Berkeley Springs Inn where the presidents also stayed, and ate. It's a great place to visit, with lots of history.

By Dorothy

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Dorothy, I like the pictures and information. It sounds like it would be very interesting to go and visit. I think I will discuss this with my husband. Thanks for the idea!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes
Travel and Recreation Recreation AdviceJuly 9, 2012
Family at Legoland
Saving Money on Theme Parks
Gulf Shores, AL
Alabama Travel Tips and Photos
two dogs sniffing noses
Introducing Your Dog to Visiting Dogs
covered bridge
Parke County, Indiana Frugal Travel Guide
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 20, 2017 at 1:36:30 AM on 10.0.2.177 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.