Wall Color Advice to Coordinate With Drapes

I am planning to paint my living room a color called "Peanut Butter." I fell in love with some gold and ivory drapes and I am not sure that the peanut butter wall color will match. What wall color goes well gold and ivory drapes? I don't want white walls.

By Kisha from Oakland, CA

Answers:

Over the last several years I have read numerous articles that say whatever color you have the most of in a room is considered a neutral color, meaning that it will go with any color. You could also pick up some paint chips and bring them home to see what you like. Basically it is a matter of using what you like. (04/09/2010)

By redhatterb

I think a pink or burgundy will go with your drapes, but they will go with lot of colors. Pick the color you like, good luck. (04/09/2010)

By kffrmw88

Robin's egg blue would look very pretty. (04/10/2010)

By wendiesioux

A peanut butter color with those drapes sounds lovely and classy to me. Do take the other advice, especially bringing home paint chips, but maybe also get a little quart of the peanut butter color and do a few test areas. The worst that will happen is that you don't like it and you can use that quart of paint for another project. (04/10/2010)

By Deeli

I have a friend who used peanut butter color in her living area and it looks very dark. I thought I'd like it, but didn't after seeing the walls all finished. However, there is a Sherwin Williams color that looks beautiful in every light and looks great with gold. It is called "Integrated Cream" and turns different colors in different lighting conditions. I love it. Another suggestion is to go to Michael's and buy a piece of poster board. Get a quart of the paint you like and paint the poster board. When dry put it in different room areas and see how it looks in all lighting conditions. After 24-48 hours, you'll know if you actually do like the paint you've chosen. (04/10/2010)

By Rosiegirll

I think a lighter color like butterscotch would be a beautiful color and would accent the gold in your drapes. The peanut butter sounds way too dark for such elegant drapes. The "Integrated Cream" sounds beautiful, but I think you are looking for a little more color. A light butterscotch would be more color without the depth of color that peanut butter would give you. I wish you well. Have fun. (04/10/2010)

By wsurfs

Blue-Green Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Blue-Green Carpet
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
Light colored drapes.
Removing Wrinkles from Curtains and Drapes
Nicely decorated living room.
Living Room Wall Paint Color Advice
🎄