Wallpapering Over Wood Paneling

Category Wallpaper
Wallpaper installed over wood paneling.
One possible way to cover dated wall paneling is to apply wallpaper. This is a guide about wallpapering over wood paneling.

Can you wallpaper over paneling? We remodel vintage campers, and were wondering if this is possible.

By mammawolfe from Scottsboro, AL

We did in my parents trailer years ago. We just cleaned the walls really well, then I took putty and filled in all those lines in paneling, then wallpapered over the top of it, stayed for years.

Yes you can, just like micksgirl said, putty in all the in seams of the walls. Let that dry, and walla, your ready to wallpaper your trailer.

We purchased an old house 17 years ago. It was paneled through out. I used sheet rock mud and filled in each groove. After it dried well, I sanded lightly and filled again. Then sanded lightly for a wonderful long lasting finish for paint or wall paper. I am a perfectionist and found one coat of mud did not completely conceal seams for light colred paper or painting. It is worth the extra effort!

I would do the same as everyone suggested, but you might want to prime the walls before applying wallpaper. It will stick much better if you do.