Warming Up a Previously Cooked Turkey

By cettina 78 392

I hope someone can give me some suggestions. My son-in-law, who is a policeman, works odd hours so my daughter and her family were coming to Christmas dinner on Christmas eve since due to work commitments, Christmas day was out.

Now his roster has been changed and they are coming on Boxing Day. The problem is, I defrosted my turkey to cook for Christmas eve and rather than risk it spoiling by leaving it thawed and uncooked, I cooked it anyway on Christmas eve and have it in the refrigerator, thinking that it would be safer to cook it and to warm it up later.

The problem is, how am I going to warm up a whole turkey without it drying out? Microwaving portions would take forever since there are 9 of us sitting down for the meal. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

By cettina from Malta, Europe

By bigpinkbirds 5 Flag

I feel for you, sister! Think about this suggestion. I successfully steam my leftovers, especially meats, using anything from my small vegetable steamer to my huge crockpot with a rack over the water. I think if you halve or quarter the bird (depending on its size) and steam it in the oven over water it won't dry out. Be sure it's tented with foil, if it's too big for your largest roaster, because basically you want it inside a sauna. Just before serving, uncover it. Oil the skin, and broil it briefly. Happy holidays to you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceDecember 25, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
Penguins on Ice Block
Fighting Global Warming
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:07:40 AM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings