Washer Does Not Spin All of the Water Out of the Clothes

I have a Maytag front loading washing machine. It washes and drains fine, but all of the water doesn't spin out of the clothes. Before when this happened, I just ran the load through the entire cycle again and all was fine, but this time that didn't seem to work. I don't know what to do. I am not mechanically inclined, but can't afford repair.

By Patricia from Oklahoma City

Answers:

We had a similar issue. We got a Spin Dryer from Laundry Alternative.
www.laundry-alternative.com/products/Spin_Dryer.html

The clothes come out very near to dry, I hang the clothes right on a plastic hanger. It's like the spinner does some of the work of the washer's spinning (only better) and is a jump start on the drying process.

It doesn't fix your washer, but it's a way around the problem. (12/22/2010)

By Bacawind

First suggestion is go online and get the owner's manual and do the trouble shooting they offer. Some front loading machines require cleaning cycles because they can 'gunk' up from soap/dirt, etc. Good luck! (12/22/2010)

By aloham58

I was wondering why you'd been running the washer through the entire cycle a second time. Are you unable to set the machine to begin at the final spin cycle?

If you have a handy friend, perhaps he or she would be willing to take a look. One other thought: many machines have extended warranties. If your warranty is still in force, the manufacturer is obligated to repair it free. (12/23/2010)

By JustPlainJo

Does this help?
www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/maytag-atlantis-washing-machine-c10219.html (12/23/2010)

By crazyliblady

Hi sweetie, I have had this problem many times over the years. There is a small opening on the front of your machine down near the floor, place a towel down to catch the water then push the panel to reveal a disc, grip the disc and turn to open, this will let out the water and debris accumulated in the mesh tray, clean it out then put the whole thing back together (hand tight will be fine), your machine will be good to go again, if you do this periodically you won't have any trouble, take care, Honey. (12/23/2010)

By Honeybb

open washing machine
Spin Cycle Not Working on Washer
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
clothes in washer spinning
Washer Making Noise During Spin Cycle
Front Loading Washer
Front Loading Washer Not Spinning
🎄