Washer Isn't Draining

I have a fairly new Kenmore washer (purchased new in 2002) and it has two settings for washing, heavy duty and regular. For some reason it only washes and agitates in the Regular cycle, but it doesn't drain and spin.

If I come back to the machine and switch to the Heavy Duty cycle and put it in spin mode it spins and drains perfectly. Does anyone know why it would only work in the one cycle and not the other, so strange that one works and one doesn't. Please help me before I call out and spend hundreds to have it fixed. Thank you so much for any input.

By Skiider from CA

Washer Isn't Draining

Mine did the same thing and it was the filter at the end of the hot water hose. (07/24/2009)

By church1040

Washer Isn't Draining
Top Loading Washer
Top Loading Washer Not Draining
yellow slime mold on mulch
Getting Rid of Slime Mold
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid