Washer is Stuck in Spin Cycle

washing machine
There are so many different problems that can occur with your washer, none of them conveniently timed. This is a guide about washer is stuck in spin cycle.

I have purchased a GE GFWR4805 high capacity front loading clothes washer that will not spin water out of the clothes. It appears to be stuck on 17 to 15 min. spin cycle with cloths remaining WET no matter what. Many of the posts on GE leaves me a bit flustered as many have spent much on service men, but few on fixes that work. Has anyone had this model that has worked?

Answers

If it is repeating a cycle, then there is something wrong with the timing, sensors, or the draining mechanism.

You do not say how old your washer is but maybe you could still call the service department where it was purchased and ask for help with your problem.

this is a very "fancy" washer and has a lot of features which of course means there may be more than one thing causing this problem. Does your machine give you a default code? This is usually a very good indication of what is causing the trouble.

Have you checked your manual for their solutions? You can download a manual if you do not have your manual available.

Here are 2 sites that have your manual available (free). They do show some suggestions for you to review:

http://www.msaw  5/04/31-9236.pdf

https://c.sears  WNM/1405198L.pdf

Thanks for the response. The Service tech agrees with you as did about 200 others without a successful result in the bunch. This was supposed to be a new or at least a very close to new stored washer. Transportation bolts still in the machine, but sold out of a garage. I guess I should have left it for someone else to try out but it was a deal if it worked? Thanks again. Bill

GE 4805 was supposed to be Brand new with a storage time period because of a death in the family. It wasn't new but I doubt it was run through more than a couple of cycles. GE will not discuss this machine with me nor with several 100 others with the same problem across differing models. Have manuals including a Service manual but without me disassembling this thing or paying about $100 plus dollars to another tech, I'm stumpted. Thank you for the response. I will probably take the door off and use it for a window on my fense for the dogs to look through. Bill

Make sure it is level. I have a bosch, and if it gets off level, it does all sorts of weird things, including not spinning out the water. Also, sometimes you can "reset" the machines by unplugging them for a few hours, then plugging them back in.

My GE washer (9 years old) gets stuck on the spin cycle. What would cause this and what will it cost to repair?

By leslie from Annandale, NJ

It sounds like possibly the timer is getting stuck and not advancing. If you have to physically move the timer to the stop position then it is most likely the timer. Timers are can be expensive ranging from 80.00 to well over a hundred. Hope this information helps.

Thanks much, yes this helps. Sounds like this is the problem.

If you need to buy a part, try repairclinic.com. They also have a help section with information on how to figure out the problem.