Washing Bras

Category Laundry
Bra isolated on a white background.
Bras can be washed by hand or in the machine if care is taken. This is a guide about washing bras.

If you have had problems having the hooks on bras bend in the washer and dryer, I have found that using a small mesh laundry bag works great in preventing the hooks from being bent.

By Helen from Tunnelton, WV

Over the years I have had several bras get ruined in the washer with the hooks getting stuck on the holes to the washer and dryer. I purchased sheets that came in a draw string bag that really had no use after the sheets were taken out. I use this bag (mine is made of T-shirt material) for washing my bras. It will hold several at a time. They wash and dry just fine while in the bag, this is saving my expensive bras.

How can I get a smell out of my padded bras? I washed them and they smelled fine but when I took them out of the dryer the smell was back. I'm assuming it is persperation.

Nicplus3

Best Answer

Maybe you could try soaking your bra in warm water with a few drops of your favorite essential oil or scented oil in the water. Soak it in the sink and go about your business then wring it out and dry as usual. I haven't had this particular problem yet, but it should work. Best of luck to you.

Best Answer

Add one cup of white vinegar to a small washload - presoak for 30 minutes - run wash as usual. When they dry the smell should be gone.

Best Answer

Try Oxiclean, also I've heard putting them in the freezer over night kills the bacteria that makes the smell.