Washing Clothes Without Electricity

Category Laundry
wash tub and board
An electric clothes washer is in just about every home these days. However it is possible to washer your clothes without that machine. This is a guide about washing clothes without electricity.

In desperation to clean my clothes without using a lot of water, soap and electricity, I wondered if using a spin mop bucket would be useful in washing, rinsing, and the most difficult part of hand washing, wringing out water from the clothes. I can wash small items, even shirts and pants, as long as I spin each clothing item separately with a wash cloth put on top of the item and tucked around. I use the foot pedal to spin out the item. Takes time to do a small load of laundry, but it really works great. I get a good leg workout too! The faster you can get the spinner to go, the drier the clothing becomes.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This is a photo of me as a child. My parents were missionaries and this is how we washed our clothes in Mexico. In the river! My dad called us his twin tub washing machine. After we washed the clothes, we would carry them on our heads up to the house.

By Ruthie

Comment Like this photo? 7