Washing Clothes in Well Water

I have well water and every time I wash clothes, especially towels, they smell musty after a couple of days. What can I do?

Rosy B from Sutherland, Virginia

Washing With Well Water

Our well water is just too cold to wash clothes clean in the winter, so I use warm water to fill while I am putting in soap, bleach, etc., then select cold water when I am ready to leave the laundry room. I get clean clothes and the benefit of using lower temperature water.

By Lynn (11/19/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Washing Clothes in Well Water

SA-8 laundry detergent, made by Amway, it even dissolves in ice water, plus it comes with a money-back guarantee. It's an excellent product, and concentrated. There's a website, www.quixtar.com, where you can get in touch with an independent business owner. (08/22/2005)

By LizCar

Washing Clothes in Well Water

White vinegar helps too. It seems to get rid of the smell and keeps your clothing smelling better for longer.

I add about a 1/4 of a cup along with my laundry soap.

By Wendola

Washing Clothes
Washing Clothes in Well Water
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Concerned looking woman checking clean laundry for stains
Keeping Well Water from Staining Clothing
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Cleaning Well Water Stains from a Bathtub