Washing Clothing With Bleach (Without Having Them Smell Like Bleach)

Here is something I discovered by accident. When washing items that require bleach, let them go through the wash cycle as usual. When you come to the rinse, be sure to put your softener in the water after it is full and let it swish around a few times, about a minute. Then turn the machine off and let it sit in the mixture for a few hours. Then turn on the machine to continue the cycle and dry as you would normally. I found that there was no bleach smell on the clothes, yet they smelled fresh.

By RoseMary

Answers:

I wash them, then rewash them and use baking soda to remove the smell. (01/31/2005)

I only use bleach in my bed linen and towels and cannot stand the bleachy smell. What I have discovered that works for me is only putting a very small amount of it in the wash and putting 1&1/2 half cups of baking soda, with one third cup of borax in the wash. During the rinse cycle I will put in one cup of white vinegar. (08/19/2006)

By 1bigmama

Bleach Stains on Red Shirt
Removing Bleach Stains From Clothing
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Bleach Stains On Red T-Shirt
Preventing Bleach Stains on Clothing
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
🎄