Washing Down Pillows

Category Bedrooms
A while down pillow.
These pillows require special care when laundering. This guide is about washing down pillows.

Fluff down pillows daily. They can be washed and dried in you washing machine and dryer, if great care is taken. Check for any tears in pillows before placing in the washing machine.

Use hot water in the gently or delicate cycle. Don't wash more than 2 pillows at a time. If the load isn't balanced, add a couple of towels. Rinse the pillows twice.

Place in the dryer with a few tennis balls. It will sound loud, but the balls will prevent bumps in the pillows. Stop the dryer half way through the cycle and fluff the pillows, then continue to dry them. Be sure the down is completely dry before use or storing the pillows.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

My husband tried to help out one day, and do the laundry for me.
He ended up putting all of our down filled bed pillows in the the washing machine. Needless to say, even after they were dry, they smelled like dirty diapers! After I calmed down, I rewashed all of the pillows with white vinegar. The smell was 100% gone! Now, if I could only get him to take down the Christmas lights!

By Tammy Marie