Washing Machine Not Spinning During Wash Cycle

Most washing machines built in the last 15 years are direct drive, so they do not have belts. When it stops spinning it usually is the coupler between the motor and the water pump!

People can order parts at Sears Direct.Com they will need to know the make and model, usually located inside the lid on a riveted tag. It saves a lot of money. I only paid $15.00, an hour, and a little patience.

Source: My own information. I use to be a service technician for a gas company, and figured out a lot.

By Everett from Hornell, NY

Answers:

This is true. My husband just replaced the coupling on our washer. The replacement part is stronger and a better quality than the original. He bought the coupling for $7 on eBay. Sears wanted $20. (12/20/2009)

By goldberie

washing machine
Washer Not Spinning Properly
Washing Machine
Washing Machine Moves During Spin Cycle
clothes in washer spinning
Washer Making Noise During Spin Cycle
Front Loading Washer
Front Loading Washer Not Spinning
🎉
🎄