Washing Machine Not Spinning Properly

My washing machine is not spinning properly. The clothes are soaked at the end of the cycle and the fabric softener ball is not emptied. Any ideas that I can try before paying for a repairman to come to the house to take a look?

Thanks in advance.

Kerry from MA

Answers:

Washing Machine Not Spinning Properly

Are you sure it's not spinning? Sometimes the hose or the drain pipe gets clogged and the water just doesn't have a place to go. So check it out before you give up. (09/12/2006)

By pam2cats

Washing Machine Not Spinning Properly

This has happened to our machine many times. What is happening is your filter is blocked so the water cannot drain away no matter how many times the actual drum turns round in a spin.

What you need to do and its quite easy, is locate the filter at the back of the machine and clear it of all debris. Then you will find it will spin and empty properly. (09/13/2006)

By

Washing Machine Not Spinning Properly

It sounds like either your hose could have a crimp in it or your pump isn't working properly, if the pump was working, it would pump the water out as it spins. The hose may be clogged as was suggested before, so you'll probably end up getting a repairman out after all. (09/13/2006)

By Foxfire

Washing Machine Not Spinning Properly

When this happened to me, I turned my empty washer over and found a broken belt lying on the floor. I called the local supplier for such and reinstalled it myself. It's been about 10 years, so I don't remember if it was too hard, but I believe it was not too hard with proper tools, otherwise I would have called repair because I had money then.

God bless you for being willing to ask around and to try to DIY first to be more frugal. (09/13/2006)

By Lynda

Washing Machine Not Spinning Properly
Pressure Washing a House
Pressure Washing Your House
washing machine
Washer Not Spinning Properly
Man Repairing a Washing Machine
Repairing a Washing Machine
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
🎉
🎄