Washing Machine Spin Cycle Not Working

My washing machine won't spin on the colors cycle, it will spin on whites and delicates.

Beth from Nashville, TN

Request: Washing Machine Spin Cycle Not Working

My 6 year old Frigidaire washing machine suddenly starts to not completely wring out the water after a complete wash cycle.

Sidneiye from CA

Washing Machine Spin Cycle Not Working

My washer did that. I had it checked out. The water pump had gone out on it. (06/26/2006)

By ness1up2

Washing Machine Spin Cycle Not Working

Could also be that the belt needs to be replaced. That happened to my machine. (06/26/2006)

By Mary

Washing Machine Spin Cycle Not Working

It could simply be that the hose, or the drain pipe it goes to, is clogged. This has happened to me. Some lint gets through and after a time it can build up. (06/27/2006)

By pam2cats

By moderator

Washing Machine Spin Cycle Not Working

If the other spin cycles work, it could be the timer.
You would have to replace the timer.

If you can limp buy for awhile, you may be able to turn the dial and spin the colors on the white cycle.

This does not correct the problem but it's cheaper than a new timer ... for awhile anyway!

You can do a Google search for Repair Clinic and view the appliance you have a problem with. Gives you lots of suggestions.

Consider the age of your machine versus the repair costs.

By Syd

Washing Machine Spin Cycle Not Working

If it works completely on one wash cycle, it should work the same on the other, but doesn't, which indicates to me that it's in the circuit board and likely a switch problem. Hope I'm wrong! Good luck and God bless you. : ) (10/01/2006)

By Lynda

Washing Machine Spin Cycle Not Working
open washing machine
Spin Cycle Not Working on Washer
Man Repairing a Washing Machine
Repairing a Washing Machine
Washing Machine
Washing Machine Moves During Spin Cycle
clothes in washer spinning
Washer Making Noise During Spin Cycle