Washing Machine Spin Cycle Not Working

My washing machine washes fine, but it doesn't spin, it just leaves the clothes wet. How do I fix it?

By Glenroi from South Amboy, NJ

Answers:

Washing Machine Spin Cycle Not Working

I had the same thing to happen to me several weeks ago. Fortunately, I was pretty sure what was wrong with mine. There is a safety switch on the inside of your machine, right close to the upper rim of the tub. If you will look at your lid, you will see, usually, a small piece of plastic that fits in a slot when you close the lid. (Where the plastic pushes down on the switch.) It activates your washer.

With the lid up, find the slot, and insert something non-metallic into the slot and push down. Hold it down. I used a pencil. Make sure that the machine is in the spin cycle. If it starts pumping water out and goes into the spin cycle, then this switch is your problem. It is very easy to change out. Sorry the instructions aren't any better. Good Luck, Kathy, MS. (01/28/2010)

By msfixit17