Washing Machine Won't Start

Washing Machine Won't Start
You have loaded the washer and added the detergent. However, when you try to start it nothing happens. This is a guide about washing machine won't start.

When I start the washer, it just makes a buzzing sound and does nothing else. Is the motor burned out? My wife was doing a load and when it finished the clothes were still soaking wet and then that is when I tried to start the cycle again and the buzzing sound was there.

By Brent from Louisville, KY

Sounds like your timer gizmo is bad.

It sounds to me like you have a broken belt.

I have watched my repairman fix my machine a couple of times, and there are no belts in it. However, there is a small part that connects to the motor that breaks, and then the agitator no longer agitates and the machine does not spin. I think you should call a repair man to fix it. If your motor still runs, it is an inexpensive and easily replaced fix.

PUMP

CHECK PUMP..IF SOMETHING IS STUCK IN IT

I have a Samsung front load washing machine. When I turn it on all I get is a humming sound. I can turn it by hand easily. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

Check that all the exterior panels are properly in place. There are safety switches on some panels to prevent the machine from moving when they aren't. If this isn't the problem, turn off the water supply and remove the hoses from the machine. Check for clogs; don't forget to look at the at the tiny water filtering screens at the ends of the hoses. They can become corroded an prevent the machine from filling.

Google is a great place to look for an answer. We had the same problem. Not a Samsung but regardless. Found the machine humming and wouldn't do anything else. Looked on Google for help. Third try was it. We found our granddaughters sock had some how --- I don't know how slipped through and was stuck in the gears. Easy fix took about 15 mins in all.

stuck in the pump maybe..but not gears...

PUMP?? NO GEARS IN WASHER

When I try to start my washer, I press start, the door locks, the water starts to come for 2 seconds and then it stops and nothing happens again. I try to start it again and nothing happens again. If have to leave it for a certain time it does the same thing.

By Alex

Answers

It has something to do with the door lid. I usually leave it for a few minutes to give it time to completely stop the cycle. Open and shut the lid and mine goes back to normal. If your does not, it may need to be repaired.

Washer starts after few seconds stop it all happened after power outage maytag top loader mav5758ew

The test light shows that the outlet is working. But, when I plug in the washing machine it won't run.

By Darlene from FL

Use an extension cord and try another outlet. If your washer still fails to work, it's time to call in someone to repair it.

Have you tried changing the fuse in the plug?

Sounds like your motor needs replacing. If you have the top loader that is not computerized, and have easy access to the back of the washer, you can change out the parts yourself. A washer is simple in all their repairs, as long as they are not digital, computerized, etc. My last washer was 25 years old when a rusty tub made it necessary to buy new.

We recently moved our washer to work on the laundry room. We moved it back and when we tried to start the washer it makes a buzzing sound. I no longer have the manual and the model number has been rubbed off over the years.

My Maytag top loader tries to sense then does not start. It seems like it tries to move but stops.

We bought a front load washer, Whirlpool ghw9150pw1. When we plugged it in all we get is a steady loud beep. Nothing on the panel works?

I have front load washer. My daughter and niece tried to help with laundry which I couldn't be mad about, however we have to use water softener here. They accidentally mixed water softener with fabric softener and it created a nasty mixture of goo. Now the washer won't do anything. There is no sound; it just starts to blink shortly after turning on. Is there anything I can do to get it running again? Thank you in advance.

I have the same problem. Any suggestions of how to fix this.

I have a Maytag front load washing machine. It recently stopped working. The unit turns on fine, but it will not start. It doesn't provide any error codes, it just give a 3 tone beep. Any suggestions?

The Maytag website customer service can help-online, phone, email:

http://www.maytag.com/contact-us/

I have just bought a brand new washing machine, it is a Maytag. I have plugged it in and it won't turn on at all. What is the problem ?

By Issac

Suggest calling the store where purchased or the manufacturer.

My Maytag washing machine won't power up at all. It happened when the power in my house went off and back on again. Nothing displays on the screen.

By Max

There may be something that needs to be reset like a switch. Do you have a manual? Check it and see what they say under troubleshooting. One thing to try, which seems kinda silly, but it might work. Unplug the machine, wait to a slow count of ten, then plug it back in.

My Maytag Neptune was running; then the power went out and now it won't restart.

By Larry L.

Check breakers... might have thrown them.

I have a Maytag 3.6 cu ft high efficiency top-load washer (white) Energy Star model#mvwc360aw. The washing machine doesn't come on. I took off the back panel and there are 3 green led lights lit, but the machine won't come on. What should I do?

By Tim

Check the troubleshooting section of your user guide manual and follow those instructions first.

Then check to see if something isn't stuck in the area when the protrusion on the washer lid depresses the inset button where lid meets washer - this feature prevents serious harm to the unwary by stopping the machine action when the lid is lifted. If there is 'gunk' or a build-up of lint caught in the inset button it will keep the machine from working.

Also check to make sure the circuit breaker to the machine isn't slightly flipped resulting in the current making an incomplete circuit to your machine - just enough juice to light those led lights and maybe the control panel but not enough to actually start the machine.

There are so many reasons why your machine isn't starting that if the above doesn't help you, you may need to call in a Maytag repair tech. Hopefully the machine is under warranty and the problem is something the warranty covers.

I have a Maytag Maxima front loader. We kept on getting error codes for plugged drain so we cleaned out the hoses and took off the front panel and cleaned the lower filter which was pretty nasty. There were kids' socks, toys, and almost $5 in change, but we put it back together and tried to start a load and all it does is beep a few times in a metallic tone then shuts down. I believe it threw out a code of INT at one point since we put it back together.

I have a Maytag Bravo XL, it used to have an SD code displaying. I used Calgon in a few washes and the code is gone. Now I put clothes in, select cycle, and the panel lights up, but the machine doesn't budge. Any advice please.

I have a 300 series Maytag front load washer. I put in clothes, closed the door and pushed the on button. The pause light came on and codes flashed instead of run time. I cannot open the door and it will not go into any cycle. It has been working fine. Anyone have any answers?

I have a Maytag washer model #mhwe500vw11. The start switch makes a beee noise and does not turn on the washer. I replaced the touch pad board and ccu board and it still makes the beeee noise and still won't start. Also none of the lights from the touch pad board turn on!

By Wilmer