Water Frozen in Icemaker

My Whirlpool ice maker in the fridge filled with hot water and froze. Now it will not make ice.

By Elaine1 from Lorton, VA

Water Frozen in Icemaker

Have you tried taking everything out of the refrigerator turning it off and allowing it to thaw then turn it back on? I have never had this problem, but I would try it before I gave up. Also, if you can take your lines loose make sure no debris got into the lines. (08/12/2009)

By grannygirl

Water Frozen in Icemaker

Yep, been there, done that. Pull as much out of the freezer near the ice maker and take a hair dryer to it. Turn it on high and melt the whole area, till there is no ice left. Put in some towels to catch the drips, but it doesn't take too long to do this. Make sure you get the water tube the water runs through, if this isn't done, it will just ice up again. (08/12/2009)

By c t

Water Frozen in Icemaker
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
Icemaker Overfills the Ice Bin