Water Not Getting to Fridge Ice Maker

Water for drinks is working, but not for making ice. I was told that there is a separate line going to the ice maker and that there is a filter that might be clogged.

I do have well water and it clogged up the line to the washing machine, until I cleaned out the filter. Where do I find this filter? Do you think that can be it?

By JIIMYB. from Islip, NY

Water Not Getting to Fridge Ice Maker

If you are getting drinking water then it is not the filter. Pull out your fridge and towards the top where the icemaker is there will be a tube going into the back of you freezer part of fridge. Pull that tube out (you may need to undo a screw) and there will be a hard plastic or metal tube that water goes through and pours into the ice cube tray.

Sometimes this will freeze up solid with ice and no water can get through. Melt using a blow dryer and and then reinsert and you should be good to go. I paid for this advice from the appliance repair man, but now at least I know what to do when it happens every so often. (09/21/2009)

By karilynn

Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Refrigerator Ice Maker
Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Getting Water
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice