Water Plants With Leftover Ice

Have extra ice cubes left in your glass? Use them to water your household plants.

By Gary from NJ

Water Plants With Leftover Ice

Hi Gary, I was just going to let you know I do this but you have to be careful. If the drink you were drinking had sugar you can end up with fungus on your plants like I did cuz I used to drink a lot of refrigerated tea and have a lot of leftover ice I didn't want to waste. My plants started to stink to from the fungus I guess. Now I drink nothing but mineral water with ice made from mineral water so I don't get any more fungus among us ;o) (05/29/2008)

Water Plants With Leftover Ice

I keep a large container near the sink for leftover ice (diet drinks so no sugar issues), "cleanish" rinse water, draining water from unsalted foods, etc. This goes into the plants on the nearby deck.

When I had fish, I'd put their water in that container, too, which the plants seemed to really like!!

When I had a basement and used a de-humidifier, we'd use that water to water our plants during dry spells, too.

By JudyBoody

Water Plants With Leftover Ice

Don't touch the plants and don't give them too much water, just give them a few drops of water everyday! This is enough for them and also they can be healthy and fresh. Love the plants, be green everywhere, and everyday. Bye (10/18/2008)

By Navroop K

Water Plants With Leftover Ice
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Refrigerator Ice Maker
Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Getting Water
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield