Water Plants With Leftover Tea

Category Helpful Hints
china cup filled with tea
Cold tea can give plants nutrients they will not get with just water, may improve their health, and won't be wasted. This is a guide about water plants with leftover tea.

Don't throw out your leftover tea. Instead feed it to you indoor or outdoor plants for an extra boost. Use brewed unsweetened tea only.

By Ivy from Rancho Palos Verdes

Do you feed cold tea to your plants? They love it and it is a good way to use up leftover tea from your teapot.

By Bev Sobkowich

Once a month I water all my house and outside plants with plain green tea. I use twenty teabags to two gallons of water. Plants love it!

By ashleybunkin from WV

Answers:

Water Plants With Green Tea

Hi, The watering with green tea is a good idea I knew of a lady from Ireland and she had the greatest ferns because she always put in her leftover tea on to the plant once it cooled. I did it several times. But never on a regular basis like you do. The only plants I would not water like this are desert plants and cacti as they need alkaline not acidic soil. Nice idea thanks for the reminder. (06/24/2010)

By deLadyBex

Water Plants With Green Tea

With all the talk of saving water, I have not seen a suggestion to save rain water. Why let it run into the street? You can buy special rain water savers but why not make your own. Direct your drain spout into a large garbage bin and siphon the water out with a hose to where ever you want to water. (06/24/2010)

By Lilac

Water Plants With Green Tea

My grandmother's big potted ferns always were given all the tea leaves. We would fill the pot which had the loose tea leaves in it with water, then take it out to her ferns, lift up the long fronds and pour water and tea leaves on them. They were the most beautiful ferns I've ever seen. Nice memories.

(06/24/2010)

By WiggleWorm

Water Plants With Green Tea

I have a small plant in my kitchen window that wouldn't grow or put new leaves on until I began putting my used wet green tea bags on top and let it drain onto it. It has began to grow taller and has put new leaves on. Makes me smile. (06/30/2010)

By Melitta