Water Spots on Shower Doors

How can I prevent getting water spots on my new clear glass shower doors? I know how to remove the spots, but I want to prevent them. Thanks in advance for any tips.

Judy from Lakewood, CA

Answers:

Water Spots on Shower Doors

Judy, we keep a small squeegee in our shower and squeegee the shower door after every shower. It takes less than a minute and sure beats the torment of trying to remove the spots later. (01/15/2009)

By Marnita

Water Spots on Shower Doors

I keep a bottle of cheap shampoo in the shower, before I turn off the water I put shampoo on door and rub the glass with fingertips then rinse with water. If you do this every other day you will not get a build up. You can wipe shower door off with towel after you are done drying yourself or leave door open to air dry. This works great and is cheap. (01/15/2009)

By Denise

Water Spots on Shower Doors

(submitted via email)

Thanks to all who replied to my question. I already use a squeegy after each shower, but I am going to try to use the Rain X from WalMart. I was told not to use the Lemon Oil on clear glass doors because it will cloud them (I agree it works like a miracle at keeping scum from building up on the textured shower doors, I've been doing that for 30 yrs). I have also tried Pledge furniture wax and it works as well. Thanks again. This is a wonderful group.
Judy from So. California (01/16/2009)

By Sally_Admin

Water Spots on Shower Doors

Wax them with auto polish! (01/16/2009)

By Toebeanie

Water Spots on Shower Doors

I agree I use Rain X on mine. I also use car wax (liquid Armor All) on my outside windows to repel the rain and it leaves no spots. On the bathroom mirror use a foam shaving cream to clean them and you will not have the "fog"! (01/16/2009)

By kenyoun

Water Spots on Shower Doors

We tried everything to get those hard water spots off. Nothing worked. I Googled "how to remove" and came to this site. I was so relieved to find a suggestion of Ceramabryte! After a lot of elbow grease finally clear doors! Thanks for your help! (01/31/2009)

By Sherry

Water Spots on Shower Doors

I clean houses for a living and have used WD40 to get spots off and soap film off, it works miracles on chrome and silver finishes like faucets and stainless steel. If you clean a clear shower door you'll have to go over a couple of times with Windex after to get streaks out. This stuff is perfectly safe to use. Also, gets love bugs off of car and cleans wheels to of road film. (04/27/2009)

By mountain girl

Smiling woman cleaning a shower door
Cleaning Water Spots on Shower Doors
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
Shower door made of metal and class.
Cleaning Metal Parts on Shower Doors
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
🎄