Water Spots on Shower Doors

Looking for information on how to get spots off shower doors.

By Katspot

Answers:

Water Spots on Shower Doors

I use shampoo on a green Scotch Brite pad and scrub, then rinse. After finished I use a squeegee to strip the water drops from the glass. After you get the glass clean purchase some RAIN X for windshields and apply. Let dry and ventilate the area. Make sure it is completely dry prior to using the shower, no more water marks or build up.

If the marks are absolutely horrible and many years of build up, I used spray on oven cleaner. But you have to be extremely careful not to get it on the frame work or it will damage it, so I would use this as an absolute last solution. Make sure, you have plenty of ventilation and cover the floor with paper, wipe off with paper and discard in a safe location so pets and children can not get to it. Rinse and rinse so there is not a trace of the stuff left to be found. (09/15/2009)

By Beau D

Water Spots on Shower Doors

Spray and wipe with isopropyl alcohol. (09/18/2009)

By Deeli

Water Spots on Shower Doors

Once a month or so I use 1/4 pad of the "finest" steel wool, wet the pad and the door, give it a light, brisk rubdown, rinse with water and enjoy the sparkle. This even works on chrome faucets, door frame, track, etc. Cheap, fast, easy, no chemicals, and never a scratch. (09/18/2009)

By cjirby

Water Spots on Shower Doors

I have had great success using Old English furniture oil and a soft cloth. My doors were very cloudy due to hard water and soap build up, and this cleaned it right up. Use the oil for light wood furniture, not the dark, or you might wind up with a new problem on your hands. (09/21/2009)

By Oriente22

Smiling woman cleaning a shower door
Cleaning Water Spots on Shower Doors
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
Shower door made of metal and class.
Cleaning Metal Parts on Shower Doors
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
🎉
🎄