Water Stains on Wood Furniture

How do you remove water marks from a wood dresser?

By Patricia from Hohokus, NJ

Water Stains on Wood Furniture

I know it sounds scary, take your cloths iron, pre-heat set on high. Take the iron with steam "off" and hold iron just above the stain as close as you can, but do not touch the wood with the iron. Keep the iron moving around the stain. You should see the stain less and less and hopefully it disappears, or will almost completely disappear.

I have had good luck with this method on old and new water stains. Polish after. The varnish is what is normally messed up, not the wood. You may see a very small amount of the varnish flake off after. It will be okay. The first time I read this tip I thought, ya right. Then I messed up my mother's table, I didn't use her coasters like she yelled at me to. You really couldn't tell the fix after. Saved my skin, as I am still alive. Good luck. (03/04/2010)

By Chuck J

Water Stains on Wood Furniture
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film