Watering Plants With Iced Tea

Does anyone know, is it OK to water my houseplants with leftover iced tea (no sugar)? I hate to throw it away when it doesn't get used up. I am thinking it's OK.

Thanks,
Kim from Crawford, CO

Answers:

Watering Plants With Iced Tea

I have used left over tea for years to water all of my house plants and they thrive from it. (04/13/2007)

By Jcerar

Watering Plants With Iced Tea

House and yard plants that are acid-loving will especially thrive on this. The tannic acid in tea is good for them. Roses, camellia, azaleas, fuchsia especially love it. I also use leftover coffee, cool of course, on plants, as well as coffee grounds in the soil.

Editor's Note: Both black coffee and tea (no milk, or sugar, or sweetener) is good for many plants and house plants. (04/13/2007)

By

Watering Plants With Iced Tea

We save our coffee grounds and tea leaves to add to our compost pile. But my grandmother always poured her left over tea and coffee right into her houseplants. (04/20/2007)

By Hoffmann House Network

Tips for Watering Plants
Watering Plants
Watering Hanging Plants
Watering Hanging Plants
Flowers in pots on the patio being watered with a watering can.
Watering Container Plants
Iced Tea Tips and Tricks
Iced Tea Tips and Tricks
Summer drinks
Avoiding Watered Down Iced Drinks
🎉
🎄