Ways to Freeze Cabbage

How do you freeze fresh cabbage?

By Trapper Cook from Riverton, WY

Answers:

Ways to Freeze Cabbage

I take a head of cabbage and quarter it. Cut the heart out of it (the center hard part) and then wedge them smaller. Place it in freezer bags (pints) and freeze them. Then when I make vegetable soup I just take one wedge and cook it along with the rest of the veggies. My mother-in-law used to make what she called freezer slaw. I didn't care for it because it was with vinegar instead of the mayo base. The recipe would be found on internet.

I'm getting ready today to freeze my cabbage wedges for this winter. (08/06/2009)

By batmenj_5

Ways to Freeze Cabbage

I always freeze 3 or 4 cabbages each fall when they are at their largest for cabbage rolls. All I do is put one whole cabbage in a set of double grocery bags, then toss into freezer. This is the greatest way to have cabbage for making cabbage rolls during the colder weather. The cabbage leaves peel off without boiling first, no messy boiling to soften the cabbage. The smaller leaves I chop up to use later in soups or stews. Good luck! (08/06/2009)

By EM10

Ways to Freeze Cabbage

I shred my cabbage then put in quart size freezer Ziploc bags. I thaw them out as needed, and stir fry with some butter, salt and pepper. It is yummy. Or I have a recipe with shredded cabbage and Spam or I use thawed shredded cabbage in soups or veggie patties. Hope this helps you. (08/06/2009)

By Indianone

Ways to Freeze Cabbage

I cut my cabbage in wedges and blanch in hot boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes. Then I place the wedges in freezer bags in portions I would use for soup, stir frys, etc. (08/06/2009)

By morbetomommy

Growing Cabbage, Selecting Good Broccoli, Freezing Cabbage
Freezing Cabbage
Storing Cabbage
Storing Cabbage
A bowl of cooked cabbage.
Freezing Cooked Cabbage
butterfly of an imported cabbage worm
Garden Insects: Imported Cabbage Worms
Bok choy growing in a field.
Growing Chinese Cabbage
🎄