Ways to Freeze Cabbage

I'm trying to find out how to freeze cabbage. I got so much and this is the first time I planted cabbage. It was fun planting a garden, I am doing it again next spring.

By Cindy from Sheridan, IN

Answers:

Ways to Freeze Cabbage

I just chop it up and put it in freezer bags. No blanching necessary. It's great in recipes where you need to cook the cabbage. (08/03/2010)

By wendiesioux

Ways to Freeze Cabbage

You could chop it in a food processor, then fry it in butter and salt and pepper, put it in a plastic container and freeze in portions of about 1 cup. When you want a quick meal or side dish, thaw it out and then boil some noodles and mix together for cabbage and noodles. (08/05/2010)

By Cindy S.

Ways to Freeze Cabbage

I had an excess of cabbage (just the two of us) last year and all I did was shred it, or rather cut in half, then slice it in not too thin slices, then pop an appropriate amt. for us in the freezer in Ziploc bags. I would thaw in the fridge when I wanted to use it, then put it in soups, stews, saute it with oil, apples, garlic and Spam and a little brown sugar and it was yummm! You can even drop a bunch in boiling water (the sliced cabbage, I did not do wedges) til it is done to your liking, butter it or adapt it to your way of cooking, taste buds, etc. I did not blanch it or anything. I had no problem with it at all. (08/06/2010)

By Indianone

Growing Cabbage, Selecting Good Broccoli, Freezing Cabbage
Freezing Cabbage
Storing Cabbage
Storing Cabbage
A bowl of cooked cabbage.
Freezing Cooked Cabbage
butterfly of an imported cabbage worm
Garden Insects: Imported Cabbage Worms
Bok choy growing in a field.
Growing Chinese Cabbage
🎄