Ways to Occupy the Hands of a Terminal Patient

My dad is in the late stages of cancer. He is unable to do things for himself now. He sits in his chair in/out of reality, fidgets with hand towels and blanket corners (folding, unfolding, shifting from arm to arm of chair). I am looking for suggestions for other means to occupy his hands?

You can get a Koosh ball. Kids with ADD in my school benefit from it. It feels nice, too. I think he will like it.

There are some fidget / therapy toys available or like a stress ball.

Would he knit or crochet? I was surprised to learn that many older men knit. My dad does, and many in the nursing homes do as well. It seems that during WWII, country schools knitted squares before, after school or during recess or lunch. The squares were then put together to make blankets to send to the soldiers. Even some of the men with memory issues still knew how to knit when I worked in the nursing home.

I'm sorry to hear this. :( I've read this is great for restless hands with the elderly. The colours help the mind, as well:

https://www.ama  9b2e0d66eb5e0cac