SoftwareComputers

Web Pages Load Slowly with Google Chrome

I had a slow computer and a computer repair person installed Google Chrome because he said it was faster than Firefox and IE. It takes me forever to get to any web page. What are your experiences with Google Chrome? I was having problems with Firebox, but I think I may have to go back to it. I'm so frustrated.

By Betty

I have Google Chrome and it works well. But my computer is new and that helps a lot. IE works well on this computer too. Sadly it has Windows 8, which is a disaster. Avoid it at all costs. I was driven to buy a new computer by my slow browser, so good luck to you.

Web page load is about the same with Chrome and Firefox. You have a slow connection, and changing browsers won't make a difference.

Getting a new computer won't help either. If you want fast loading, you need a fast connection.

Have FUN!

DearWebby

Dear Webby is right you do need a fast connection. I had the fastest connection Comcast could supply with my old computer (like 10 years old). It was very slow. I have the same connection with the new one and the speed is amazing. So I would suggest that the age of your computer may be contributing to the slowness that is frustrating you. Most likely it is a combination of the two factors.