Wedding Butterfly Release in Honor of Willow

Wedding Butterfly Release In Honor Of Willow
During my son and daughter-in-law's wedding, they had a butterfly release in honor of their two year old little Angel in Heaven, Willow. All the butterflies flew away except one that was a beautiful orange color. She flew up and then came back and landed on Brian's jacket, and did not want to fly away. Was that a sign from our Willow that she was with us? Probably so!

By Jackie from Orlando, Florida

Answers:

What a beautiful story! Of course it was Willow! (10/21/2008)

By Carol

Wow, that's what it's all about. Thank you for thinking to share this with everyone. We all need an uplifting thought like this once in a while. (10/21/2008)

By fab4mom

You bet it was! In Japan they believe departed loved ones turn into butterflies. After my Aunt Sumiko's funeral, a big white butterfly flew into the house and everyone knew it was her. When my mom was undergoing chemotherapy, two butterflies would fly around her every time she walked into the building, even in the winter. We knew it was dad and Aunt Sumiko. On her last visit, there were no butterflies so we knew her cancer was gone and tests showed that it was. Our loved ones do not forget us, that precious child is still with you. (10/21/2008)

So beautiful that it makes me want to cry! It was a beautiful thing for them to do, and then the butterfly staying. Wow. Of course your little Angel was there, sharing in their special day. (10/21/2008)

By bailegirl

How wonderful to be blessed by the orange butterfly. Yes, I agree it was Willow. Gorgeous picture and what special way to celebrate with the release of butterflies.
(10/21/2008)

By meoowmom

God never ceases to amaze me how he gives us such peace! What a wonderful story! (10/22/2008)

By kghsave

Many years ago, when my stepmother died, a monarch butterfly landed on my brother's shoulder and stayed there for a long, long time. We believed it was a sign from our mom. In the Christian religion, a butterfly is a symbol of new life.

Grandma Jan (10/22/2008)

By javajano

Yes I believe it was Willow, letting them know she is still around. I lost my husband last year and I have seen more butterflies since then ever before. Plus grandson and I went to a butterfly conservatory and a butterfly landed on me and I knew it was my hubby letting me know he's still watching over us.

Great story and thanx so much for sharing, Grammar (10/22/2008)

By

Just beautiful! Yes, it was Willow! (10/23/2008)

By

Thank you all for your very kind comments. This was a very special moment for me. Our wedding turned out very nice and we had very few if any complications. Thanks to everyone that helped and contributed to our day, we could not have done it without you all. I also want to thank my mom for this post for all to enjoy, we love you very much! (10/29/2008)

By Brian

I have heard a GREAT many stories about butterflies landing on people at funerals. And in such a way I would have no surprise what-so-ever if I was told there was a connection with the departed one.

I spend a lot of time outdoors and see butterflies, but none land on me - even in a butterfly enclosure. There is almost no doubt in my mind that this had something to do with Willow. (05/05/2009)

By artistjillian

I believe butterflies are signs from people we love. The morning my Papa died, I asked him to send me a butterfly, and I had 13 in all shapes and colors fly near me. It definitely was Willow (05/27/2009)

By Jessee Jayne

Wedding Butterfly Release
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Rice paper butterfly on small pink flowers
Making a Butterfly Garden
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
🎉
🎄