Wedding Flower Advice

My daughter is getting married in May, her colors are apple red and silver with a heart theme. She likes the orange-reddish colored flowers. I am very crafty and plan to do the decorating and making the flower arrangements but I do not want her wedding to look too much like Valentine's or fall. Any ideas on flowers, or centerpiece ideas? We want it to be simple but elegant on a very limited budget!

Thanks,
Kay from North Carolina

Answers:
Mirror Tiles 02/03/2006
We used mirror tiles on the tables for my wedding centerpieces. We also used silver and red beads (the kind some people use as garland at Christmas) and just spread them around on the mirrors. If you can get some glass vases you could fill them with pretty marbles and arrange your flowers in there. There is also a gel-type stuff that you can get at a Craft Store, you mix it with water and it "grows" and ends up looking like ice. You could put that in the vases. I'd say stock up on as many things as you can from after-Valentine's Day sales. I wouldn't worry about it looking too much like Valentine's Day... this is a great time to get lots of red and hearts for cheap.

Happy day!

By elaia
Affordable Centerpieces 02/03/2006
At my wedding, my mother did the flowers (she's a florist) and decorated the reception. For the tables at the reception, which had white tablecloths on them, she bought a 4-inch wide ribbon in our color (hot pink) and ran it down the length of the table. Then she put bouquets in the center. It was beautiful, elegant, and VERY affordable. We did our entire wedding for $4958.
By sueey (Guest Post)
Tulips and Brandy Goblets 03/17/2006
Since the Wedding is in May, why not use flowers that are in bloom, like tulips. There is a variety that are red-orange in color. Plus then she or you can plant them around her house. When they pop up every year she will have sweet memories of the wedding. It will be a great reminder to for her soon to be husband that their anniversary is soon!I know Wal-mart sells them for $3 - $5 each. A bargain if you priced centerpieces.

You can wrap the base of the container with silver foil.

Another idea for bouquets... use large "Brandy" type goblets (you can purchase these at craft stores for about $2-$4). Fill halfway with water and float a tulip. Tie a Silver Glittery bow around the stem with streamers.

By sburkhart

Wedding Flower Advice
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Flower Girl Smiling in Front of Bride and Groom
Frugal Flower Girl Tips
🎉
🎄