Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Wedding Photo Tips

Being sure to get all the wedding photos you want, without distracting from the special event can prove challenging. This guide contains wedding photo tips.

October 21, 2009 Flag

Don't forget to take photos of the wedding preparation. They make great memories. My granddaughter's trip to the beauty shop made a great photo. The look on her face tells the story.

By Vguy from Earle, AR

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Smart idea - my daughter and her new hubby will prob treasure those candid shots captured by family even more than their "official" wedding pics.

November 26, 2012 Flag

For our thrifty wedding, my husband's very talented cousin, Sara, served as our photographer. She gave us the photos digitally so that we could email, print, and post them whenever we wanted. When I took the digital media to the Wal-Mart photo center to print a few photos using their instant service, I was asked three times by the attendants if the photos were professional, then told that if they looked professional, I'd have to get a release signed by Sara in order to get my photos.

I asked what factors would used to be determined whether or not my photos were "professional," and was told it would be up to the attendant's judgement. Sure enough, he decided that the photos looked professional and didn't want to release them to me. Wal-Mart does have a standard release form. If you intend to print photos there, I'd suggest having whomever took them fill out the form in advance, then bring it with you when you go to get photos. You may be able to avoid hassle later.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

As a professional photographer, I appreciate the fact that Walmart tries hard to honor copyright. Most digital images are encoded with metadata and professional photographers generally have their copyright information directly encoded into the file. A professional photo lab would be able to pull up the metadata and see quite easily that the photos are copyrighted. I'm not sure if Walmart has that capability or if their employees even know about it. However, it is always a good idea to have a signed release if the digital images you have "look" professional. I'm sorry you had a hassle getting them printed, but I'm glad to know copyright is being protected.

June 22, 2006 Flag

This was taken at my son Joshua's wedding on May 20th. I was the wedding photographer! My tip is, if you're going tp be the photographer at your own child's wedding, be sure to put hankies in your pocket. One for your eyes and one for the camera lens! :)

Taking Wedding Photos

By Sharon Young from Benton, AR

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 15, 2006 Flag

A bride and her bridal party.

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Intimate Moments of Wedding Party Photo. As the bride, have a close friend or relative photograph your entire day of getting ready and all those intimate moments you'll share with the important women in your life on your big day.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

December 11, 2009 Flag

This photo is from my wedding in 1984 and is my most cherished picture of them all on that day! The little girl, Lindsey, was my flower girl and the child of my still bestest friend, Cindy, now for 42 years!

Make sure photos of absolutely every possible moment of everyone you care about is taken on your wedding day because you never know how much such a moment in time captured will keep your heart warm in the years to come. :-)

By Deeli from Richland, WA

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

I am Deeli's bestest girlfriend Cindy (and of course she is mine) and this is my little girl in the picture and when I saw this it brought tears to my eyes and so many memories. My little girl is now all grown up and is a mommie herself which has made me such a proud grandmother. And oh all the wonderful memories I have with Deeli. I love them both so much!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

November 13, 2009 Flag

This is my first photo job, "The Joyner Wedding." This wedding took place on October 18, 2009 at Carolina Beach, NC, about 15 miles from Wilmington. This wedding was special to me because it was my first job. It was especially special for the bride also, it was her birthday. WOW, what a bonus for the groom.

It was a little chilly but we didn't mind. The water was calm and beautiful. I call this photo "One Moment In Time"

By Claudia from Wilmington, NC

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Congrats on a job well done! btw, I love that song... my daughter's 8th grade choir sang it at their graduation and she had a solo - her first. Her wedding was 8/22/09, in Yellow Springs, OH.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

March 14, 2012 Flag

This is a photo I took at my best friend's wedding two summers ago in Oregon. This photo captures the love that was felt on this very special day between husband and wife, one to cherish forever.

By Jennifer from MN

A couple's first dance at their wedding.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

December 27, 2007 Flag

San Francisco Wedding Photos

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This is a really nice couple, and funny. The tree picture was actually taken the next day after the wedding and we all went to San Francisco.

July 18, 2008 Flag

Hristina's Wedding Photos

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

By way of a joke has begun our American adventure!

August 16, 2006 Flag

Couple lighting candles in church

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

'The Two Shall Become One' Photo. . .

June 12, 2008 Flag

Scrunch!

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

By WM miller from Terre Haute, IN

Scrunch!

August 22, 2007 Flag

Wedding Kiss

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

The second the photographer says ''Ready'' make sure that you and your new husband/wife are looking at each other or sharing that special kiss so that in the future you both will always cherish the moment.

December 11, 2009 Flag

Candid Moments at a Wedding

When taking all those wedding pictures, don't forget the children. I think those candid shots are the best!

By vguy from Earle, AR

Answers:

Candid Moments at a Wedding

Great picture! (05/14/2009)

By mulberry204

Candid Moments at a Wedding

When I am a guest at a wedding (or any other formal ceremony), I often follow the professional photographer, but I snap pics from a different angle, and the laughs that happen while they are setting up for the formal shots. I also love to roam the receptions, taking unusual pics as well. And for my own wedding, I put disposable cameras on the tables (as well has having my own camera on my own day - what can I say?). I think you can get great pictures this way. (06/02/2009)

By redvixen

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 13, 2009 Flag

Some of the best wedding memories are candid ones. Be ready at all times for that "One Special Moment"!

Wedding Pictures

By Guy Longtin from Renfrew, Ontario

Answers:

Candid Moments at a Wedding

That's darling! Something to cherish forever! (12/05/2005)

By wdyjsu

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Weddings PlanningJune 26, 2012
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 19, 2017 at 9:10:31 PM on 10.0.0.215 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.