Wedding Reception Locations in Brooklyn

I need some advice. I am looking to rent a venue for my wedding reception of about 150 people. My budget is 5k-7500. My wedding is in April and I am getting married in my church. I would like my reception to start at 6 pm. At this point I am so frustrated. I don't care if it's a restaurant, party hall, catered hall, as long as it's in my budget.

Thanks everyone.

By Tiffntony from Brooklyn, NY

Wedding Reception Locations on Brooklyn

Have you thought about the "not so obvious" locations? What about a library or and organization/club house. A friend's apartment building's court yard, the parks department might left you put up a tent in a park for a reception (you never know until you ask).

Or you can go for the bigger venues, but tweek it, like no cocktail hour, and a buffet instead of sit down dinner, a DJ instead of a band. Goodluck and what ever you do, relax and enjoy your beautiful day. (08/26/2009)

By Mom81402

Wedding Reception Locations on Brooklyn

Is there a new subdivision, apartment complex, or other new real estate venture anywhere around looking for a chance to contact potential tenants/buyers? These places oftentimes have activity centers within the complex and might let you have it for a smidgen, in exchange for their being able to make literature available. Local schools in our area will make the cafeteria available on weekends, you could decorate it, and have access to food storage, etc. Contact your local PTA member.

Is anyone a Veteran? Ask them to speak up for the local VFW or American Legion hall again, kitchen and bar facilities. You might also contact local caterers and party rental centers for tips as to where they have delivered in the past; they should know some cool places.

Is anyone in the family involved in the corporate world? Banks, law firms, and corporations have conference rooms, as do hospitals and colleges, and these are very reasonable, sometimes free. Hope this helps some, and congratulations. (08/28/2009)

By dollyslaffn

Wedding Reception Locations in Brooklyn
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Wedding Punch Recipes
Candle centerpiece at a wedding.
Wedding Candle Centerpiece Ideas
Coffee and dessert reception.
Coffee and Dessert Wedding Reception Ideas