Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Ideas

How can I plan a cheap wedding rehearsal dinner?

Weddingplannersis from Cinncinati, OH

Answers:

Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Ideas

How about a southern style dinner : cornbread ,pinto beans and chicken.

By the way in the *related links* column on the right of your post is another thread with rehearsal dinner ideas. (10/01/2006)

By Lily May

Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Ideas

Chicken is cheap. I would find a nice recipe for chicken and then add your favorite veggies, cooked or raw, some cheap rolls and an inexpensive dessert. Coffee, tea and ice water work for drinks. Look through cookbooks to get recipe ideas. (10/01/2006)

By Robin

Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Ideas

My hubby and I had our rehearsal dinner at our house. We ordered pizza - but buying Papa Murphy's Take and Bake (or something similar) would work. We also got a big decorated cookie from Great American Cookie Co. - had our names and the dates on it. My SIL was at our place during the rehearsal getting things ready which was a huge help.
We weren't aiming for cheap, but it ended up being VERY reasonable - about $175 and we served about 40 people with lots of leftovers.
The biggest plus for us was that all the guests were able to mingle and visit without feeling pressured by time and seating constraints at a restaurant. Everyone appreciated the casual and laid back atmosphere! (10/02/2006)

By Melanie

Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Ideas

Ok maybe we are the most frugal family, but we all brought something for the rehearsal dinner, as in a potluck and it went over really well. Everyone knew the rehearsal was the only time we could all be together without too many "outsiders" so we took advantage of it and had a potluck,sort of like a mini family reunion. Hey, it worked for us and all were fed and nobody complained. (10/02/2006)

By grammaoftwo

Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Ideas

Before my daughter and husband were married, we had the rehearsal dinner in Donato's party room. We used a few coupons, got 10 pizzas, salad, and drinks for 35 people for just about $200. The pot-luck sounds like fun, too! (10/02/2006)

By Margie M.

Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Ideas

My daughter found a place to serve appetizers and that is what we did had an appetizer party. There were chicken wings, garlic pizza,potato skins, stuff like that Cost was about 200 but depends on what appetizers you choose. About 20 of us. (10/03/2006)

By Mary Ann.

Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Ideas

We did a luau for my brother's rehearsal. We prepared all the food ourselves. My dad BBQ'd several Boston butts Hawaiian style, I prepared fruit salad with a simple honey dressing, pasta salad, Hawaiian rolls, and those mini cream cheese puffs and eclairs from the local cost club for dessert. We got decorations from Oriental Trading Co. for cheap, and it turned out really pretty. Everyone loved it, and we all had a great time. (05/31/2007)

By Rachel

Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Ideas

For my Daughter's wedding, nothing was said about the Groom's family being responsible for rehearsal dinner, and being overloaded with everything else I decided on an Italian theme. I bought two of the big frozen Lasagnas at Walmart, Fixed a big pot of Spaghetti, (with frozen meatballs).

I bought Garlic rolls, and plain rolls, a HUGE Salad with different Dressings, and an Italian Pasta salad. Deserts were big bowls of Banana, Chocolate and Vanilla puddings and my Daughters favorite Peanut Butter Pie. I decorated with red and black and it was beautiful but SO simple and not a lot of cleanup with paper plates, etc. I think the rehearsal dinner should be fun and not so formal anyway. (06/04/2007)

By Sharon,Ky

Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Ideas

Either hold it potluck-style with family and attendants chipping in their own favorites or buy frozen casseroles and sides for an easy setup. For my own rehearsal dinner in Oct. '07, I purchased frozen lasagna, garlic bread, salad, soda, and cupcakes at Sam's Club for 20 people, and everyone had a great time. (07/19/2008)

By sigma28

Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Ideas

My sister had a great idea to take everyone bowling. We had pizzas and wings. Adults drank beer and wine while the kids had soda and juice. What a great way to spend time with family. It was the best rehearsal dinner I've attended and so easy and affordable. (12/09/2008)

By Nicole

Wedding Rehearsal Dinner
Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Ideas
child wearing a nice dress
Dealing With Children at a Wedding Rehearsal Dinner
Wedding Rehearsal
Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Invitations Ideas
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Girl dressed for a luau.
Luau Wedding Rehearsal Ideas
🎉
🎄