Weed Killer and Lawn Fertilizer Recipe

I am looking for a recipe for a weed killer/lawn fertilizer combination. I think it has vinegar, dish soap and two other ingredients. The recipe was given to me years ago and I can't find it.

By Lori

See the post in this ThriftyFun newsletter just above yours, asking about killing all plants, grass, weeds. Someone posted the recipe there for him.

Pat T in Florida

LOL, Pat, I went back and found the recipe-which I'd missed when I read the post asking for help killing off all growth!

Here's a link for anyone who is looking for the recipe:

And here is a copy/paste of the actual recipe as written by the poster:

By lollee 07/26/2011

I found a recipe online for a vegetation killer that really works. One gallon of white vinegar, 1 pound of salt and a few drops of liquid dishwashing soap. We've even adjusted ratios if we've got a short supply of one thing or another. We use a gallon garden sprayer to apply. You have to give plants a pretty good soaking so you get the roots. Your yard will smell like you're making pickles for days, but your weeds will be dead and it's a lot cheaper than Roundup! Don't use it anywhere you want to plant for a while because it gets in the soil.

Home and Garden Gardening WeedsJuly 20, 2011
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Patchy unhealthy lawn.
Homemade Lawn Fertilizer Recipes
Hands holding organic fertilizer.
Homemade Organic Fertilizer Recipes
Ants on the wall of a house.
Homemade Ant Killer Recipes