Weed killer for flower beds?

What can I use in by flower beds that will control/eliminate weeds, but will not hurt the flowers?

Karen from Rochester, NY

Answers:
Weed killer for flower beds? 07/25/2004
Weed the bed thoroughly first, then spread bark pieces (available at nurseries) or grass clippings as mulch. Mulch suppresses weeds, slows moisture loss and keeps soil cooler. Use of any "killer" compound to remove the weeds risks loss of valued plants as well, and leaves bad residues in the soil.
By Beth (Guest Post)
Weed killer for flower beds? 07/25/2004
I use newspapers to mulch with. Lay papers down around your plants and saturate with water. You can tear these sheets to fit, shred the paper if you want to, or just put several whole pages together around your plants. Be sure to saturate them well with water. This helps to break down the paper. Then you can "top dress" this with more decorative mulch such as bark if you choose to do so. This keeps me from using any chemicals on my plants or around my children and pets. I find that any stray weeds that make it through can be easily pulled out because my soil seems "fluffier" with the broken down papers in it.
(Guest Post)
Weed killer for flower beds? 07/14/2005
Careful with the bark pieces as they promote mushrooms.
By Chris (Guest Post)

Flower Beds
Killing Weeds in Flower Beds
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
multicolored flowerbed on a lawn
Preventing Weeds in Flower Beds
curved flower beds
Shaping Flower Beds
Ants on the wall of a house.
Homemade Ant Killer Recipes
🎉
🎄