Weevils in My Stored Food

How the heck do I get rid of these nasty critters? I first got them last summer. From where, I have no clue. We moved and I tossed all boxed stuff out, etc. Everything seemed to be ok. This summer they are back! I just bought some boxed mac and cheese, opened it tonight...guess what?! They are in everything. I can't afford to be throwing away food! Please, someone, how do I get rid of them?

Kim from NV

Answers:

Weevils in My Stored Food

I put a bay leaf in my flour, baking goods etc. and store them in a air tight container (or zip-lock bags). I even tape one on the outside of for good measure. I hope this helps :-)
(09/22/2004)

By Pam, Bloomington, MN

Weevils in My Stored Food

I either store my dry goods and flour type stuff in glass jars or I store that stuff in the refrigerator - that includes jello, pudding mix, brownie and cake mix, flour, sugar etc. (09/22/2004)

By toni k.

Weevils in My Stored Food

Try putting your products in the freezer for 24-48 hrs before storing them in your cupboards. This kills any eggs that you have brought in from the store. This method has worked well for me with flour, dry cereal etc. (10/20/2004)

By jeangnome46

Weevils in My Stored Food

Try Pantry Pest sold in garden stores or possibly can be found in department stores. Contains a female scent that attracts and kills the male moths and eventually you will get rid of the infestation. (10/23/2004)

By SueBee

Weevils in My Stored Food

I hear that sprinkling sage in you cubboard will help, apparently they will stay away from sage.

(02/06/2005)

By Beth, Okla. city, Ok

Weevils in My Stored Food

Bay leaves crushed and sprinkled in your cupboard will get rid of them. Store all things like mac and flour in big pickle jars. Place a bay leaf in the jar, you won't have bugs. Be sure to freeze corn meal and cereals in boxes. This will kill the eggs.

Bay leaves even works for fleas on pets. Crush the leaves and vacuum them up. Each time you vacuum from then on, you will kill the flea eggs. Put them around doggies bed and rub over doggies fur. (04/07/2006)

By acesnanna

Weevils in My Stored Food

Keep a few cloves in all rice, flours, lentils, grains containers you'll never have worms or weevils. (10/19/2008)

By Nalini

Check for Weevils in Stored Food
Stored food in a jars in a pantry.
Keeping Weevils Out of Stored Food
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
🎄