DietingFood Tips

Weight Watcher's Plan from the 80s

I am looking for the Weight Watchers plan from the 80s, where it told you what to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack and how much to eat. Nothing has worked for me, but this plan, and I need to go back on it. Any help would be great!

By Eve

I was on it, and don't have paperwork, but it was 2 glasses skim or 1% milk if you couldn't stand skim, pretty much unlimited green, or non starchy veggies, 2 Tablespoons fat : includes oil. Low fat yoghurt to compensate for one milk. Two-3 fruits I think. Servings 1/2 cup. One starchy veggie like potato or noodles could be in place of a bread [2 breads or non sweet cereals per day]. 6-8 oz protein I think [1 cheese, or egg, is one oz each]. Cottage cheese as listed on container. Peanut butter, 1 tablespoon counted as one ounce.

Basically, lots of veggies and water, fruits in moderation, bread and cereals whole grain if possible; white bread hits blood stream pretty much like alcohol or sugar. Protein throughout the day. Others would be lean meat, or tofu, or beans. I think tofu and beans were 2 oz counting as one oz protein. It was around 1200-1450 calories perday. You used to be able to get ultra thin sliced bread so there were 4 slices permissable. Rice cakes were one bread. I used to use rice cakes spread with ricotta which I mixed with a sweetener so made kind of a cheesecake flavor.

I have a cookbook called The Weight Watchers Complete Cookbook & Program Basics. It has the plan in there as well as loads of recipes for it. I saw that there are several of these books on Ebay.