Welcome Bags for Wedding Guests

We have a lot of out-of-town guests for our May wedding and I am trying to figure out what I should put in their welcome bags. It's not a destination wedding and there isn't a theme. Any ideas?

Karrie from Hoboken, NJ

Answers:

Welcome Bags for Wedding Guests

You are very thoughtful doing that. You could include some type of breakfast snack fruit, bagels, crackers, some type of homemade cookies. Anything you think will be easy to have made ahead and not too much trouble, but something like cookies sounds good to me. Enjoy your wonderful day. (10/04/2008)

By meoowmom

Welcome Bags for Wedding Guests

I have two wedding parties and one of which is at a Malaysian beach resort for close friends and relatives. I filled all 50 mini sling bags with a tropical island picture with a couple wearing batik shirts in the background printed on it. I put in different kinds of tropical fruits: banana, apple, lychee, longan, chicku, starfruit, dragon fruit, and mangosteen all wrapped in a clear Ziploc bag and put inside the sling bag. The draw strings have a cute key chain made of Chinese clogs (wooden shoes).

(10/06/2008)

By Twinkleeyes

Welcome Bags for Wedding Guests

I am doing my daughters wedding bag and I'm putting in a bottle of water, a small one, mints, a packet of aspirin for the next day headache, gum, a snack bar, and lotion and a little note with well wishes. (02/07/2009)

By Debbie

Welcome Bags for Wedding Guests

All wonderful suggestions. For my upcoming wedding, I thought I would include many of these items, and also a sewing kit and some stain remover pads or a Tide pen. (02/09/2009)

By Mickeyoh

Welcome Bags for Wedding Guests

Our town's tourism office puts out free magazines with maps, restaurants, points of interest, the history of our town (it has a lot of Civil War history) and nearby attractions. It was great for out-of-towners to see a little more about the area they were in. You may want to check out your local visitor's center for information.

We have a local jelly/fruit processing company that has amazing jams, etc. So I bought little 8 oz. jars of various flavors and put one in each bag. I also included 2 bottles of water, a pack of gum, an apple, a little bag of pretzels, pen, and a little pad of paper and a personal note from my hubby and I. The note also included contact numbers for me, as well as my parents in case I wasn't available, and a timeline for the weekend. I decorated the outside of the bags with colors and theme that matched the wedding. (06/11/2009)

By Lauren V

Welcome Bags for Wedding Guests
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
A gift basket for guests at a wedding.
Gift Basket Ideas for Wedding Guests
A fancy cookie wedding favor.
Edible Wedding Favor Ideas
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
🎄