West Virginia Christmas Charities

Category Charities
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Every year ThriftyFun gets numerous requests from people looking for help for their families for Christmas. Since we do not have the resources to offer direct help, we have set up this guide to help people find charities in each state. This is a guide about finding Christmas charities in West Virginia.

Catholic Charities West Virginia may be able to provide assistance to low-income families during the holiday season.

West Virginia Food Banks are located throughout the state and can provide necessary staples for a holiday meal to low-income families and individuals.

Mountain Mission, providing assistance to those in need since 1926, has a Christmas Food Basket program. The program serves residents of Kanawha County who may need help with food this Christmas.

I have recently moved and all my money has gone for rent and bills. I have 2 daughters ages 9 and 11. It's been rough; we probably won't be celebrating this year. So does anyone know where I can get some help so my lil girls can have something for Christmas? I can't even afford to get a tree. It makes me feel so bad. Anyone know anywhere with it being so close to x- mas? Please help.

By Melissa from Huntington, WV

Best Answer

As a mother of 5 who spent more time raising my kids alone than with help from their father, you first need to check with your community centers. Most offer some assistance at Christmas time. Salvation Army usually offers gifts. Your kids will be fine, no matter how little you think they're getting. 3 of my kids are grown now, and very successful. I think getting by with less growing up, gave them a greater incentive to work hard. They're thriving now.

I'm a single mother of a 13 year old child. All of the charities I have located to ask for help for the holidays have turned me down because my girl is 13. Doesn't she deserve a good Christmas as well as children 12 and under.

By Nina

Answers

Best Answer

The charities have to draw the line some place. A kid only needs one gift from their parents and it doesn't have to have a designer label or or be something in the line of electronics. You can even find good quality things at thrift stores and some of it is new.

Doesn't your daughter have grandparents, aunts and uncles? I would think some of them would be getting gifts for her. Also you could speak to you pastor, sometimes they will take up a special offering for a needy member of the congregation.

Charities that offer help during the holiday season in West Virginia. Please post feedback about any charities you may know about.

Editor's Note: Do NOT post here if you need help. ThriftyFun does not have resources to give direct help to those in need.

Best Answer

www.angelfoodministries.org has a listing for West Virginia:

BIG SPRINGS Pleasant Hill United Methodist Church (304) 354-6951

CHARLESTON McKinnon Presbyterian Church

www.mckinnonpresby.org (304) 744-2815

GASSAWAY Mid State Church of God

(304) 364-8781

GLENVILLE VISIONS, VESSELS, & VICTORY, INC.

(304) 462-5751

(304) 462-5556

HICO Evangel Fellowship

(304) 574-0552

HUNTERSVILLE First Baptist Huntersville

(304) 799-0853

HUNTINGTON Sunshine Free Will Baptist Church

www.sunshinefwb.org (304) 429-3831

NEW CUMBERLAND Pilgrimage Mission

(304) 564-5251

OAK HILL Oak Hill First Brethren Church (304) 469-9114

SPENCER Memorial UMC

(304) 927-3650

(304) 377-9277

WEBSTER SPRINGS Compassionate Hope Church of God

www.compassionatehope.com

(email) (304) 847-5161

There is a family that just moved to Martinsburg. Where can I find help for them for Christmas? There are two small children, ages 2 and 3. Mom is a single mom who just moved in with our son. They went to high school together.
My son was living at home, but didn't want to see this girl and her little ones on the street.
We are trying to help all we can, but our funds are low.
I would like to find out how to get these children some gifts for Christmas?

By Lorie

Hello,

I would love to help you give some gifts to these children. I'm trying to teach my son how important it is to give to others. I want to include him in this process 100%. We have lots of toys that are barely used that we would love to donate. We will even wrap them. Please let me know how I can get these toys to the family in need.

Thank You,

Jordan

I am a young mother of 2 girls, 4 and 7 years old. I'm desperately trying to find any kind of Christmas help for them. We don't have much and as soon as all the bills and stuff is paid, we're broke. My girls deserve a break, they're very good kids and have been through so much in the past 2 years with my 2 sisters passing away and 5 other close relatives passing too. I just want so badly for this Christmas to not be like their last one, they are so excited about Santa coming and I'm scared their going to be let down. If anyone knows any way for me to get them some Christmas gifts please let me know! Thank you

By Pinkie