What Breed is My Dog?

He dog is 4 yrs old. I was told when when we got him as a pup that he was a mix of Australian Shepherd and white German Shepherd father. I think there is some kind of Collie and Husky. I have never seen or heard a dog bark more than this dog ever. He is tail and his hair is rough, kinky, and coarse like straw. It falls off like cotton balls and is very hard to keep groomed. He's my son's dog not mine. We have a bet going to see what kind of dog he is. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

By Jade from TN

I think you have a Siberian Husky. Google it and see what you think.

I am from TN too. I would say husky and maybe Australian shepherd. What a beauty it is. The small face reminds me of an aussie I fostered recently. They have a yodelly type of bark that sounds like shrieking and it could break glass.

LOL robyn

Husky/Shepherd mix for sure!

To me she looks like she has the Collie color around her neck. Very nice.

He looks exactly like a pup my Siberian Husky/Shepherd mix had. My Siberian, Buffy, was pregnant when I got her but I was told a full blooded shepherd bred with her. I gave all the pups away, which one went to a friend. Your son's beautiful dog looks just about identical to that pup the last time I saw it which it was about 1-1/2 years old. Buffy also shed in huge clumps.

So my guess would be Siberian Husky/Shepherd mix.

Could he be a keeshound?

Husky mix, and they really produce the woolly underhair, it floats on the breeze and rolls around like cotton as you say.

Looks a lot like my dog, and he is malamute, german shepherd and wolf.

I have had dogs my entire life and my sister volunteers at a no kill shelter so I have seen a lot of mixed breed dogs. My educated guess is your dog is part border collie and part Australian Shepard. If you google for pictures of these dog breeds I think you will see the traits of both dogs in your dog. No matter what the heritage, your is one of the most beautiful dogs I have ever seen. Not to mention it looks very well taken care of and so happy. Thanks for being a good fur baby parent.

When I saw the picture I immediately thought of my family's dogs through the years, which were all Shelties. His face and the barking is quite like a Sheltie!

I think he may be a Collie/Shepherd mix but no matter what he is I'd love him to pieces as I'm sure you do.

Syl

mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Pets Dogs AdviceApril 27, 2009
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Cat
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat
🎉
🎄