What Breed is My Dog?

I got my puppy as a mongrel but a lot of folks have said he looks like a pit bull. Not that it makes much difference as I adore him. I would just like to know if he's a pit or not. Thanks.

By Sam from Scotland

Yes it does look like he is part pit bull. I have a 1/2 pit bull & 1/2 Rot. Here is her pic.

I believe your puppy does indeed have some pit bull in his heritage, and possibly some boxer also. Search for pictures of pit bulls online to help you figure things out. My best advice is to also be aware of the training, dominance, and discipline issues related to pit bulls so that you have a positive relationship with your dog.

He looks a little pit-ish. We have a pit, and he is a very loving dog, with one heck of a loud bark. Treat him to dog obedience lessons and you'll be the beneficiary of a well behaved dog. Especially important is having him walk properly. Our pit is 60 pounds and my daughter never did follow the instructions for proper walking discipline, so the dog is very difficult to walk for everyone except for my husband.

First let me say what a wonderful puppy both of you have pretty puppies I have to say it has Pitbull in it and I would say maybe Boxer ears, and a Pitbull head.

If it has a broad back and bum it is Pit Bull if it has a thin back end. It is Boxer and Pit Bull.. hope that helps I know I own a Pit Bull have owned like 3 of them and Boxer they are both Purebreds and wonderful loving puppies! :) Even though they are 7 and 5 years old they are my babies! Picture below when it was snowing :)

I see Boxer and something I can't put my finger on. Maybe not a Pit (which aren't the beasts Americans make them out to be). Maybe some type pf bull-like a French or a boston?

He does look like a pit bull. sometimes you can tell by the ears, they tend to stay straight up, and the mouth is pretty wide, the jaw, is very strong. Here is mine, he is 2 months old, this is our little baby at home, we love him so much.

Thanks so much I will post a recent pic of him and you can let me know what you think. Awe how absolutely stunning all your puppy pics are. Thanks so much. Marley is now 5 months and we love him so much. He is such a good dog and amazing with the kids. Here is is new pic.

and another

How cute! It's hard to tell but he looks like an American Staffordshire Terrier (don't confuse with the Staffordshire Bull Terrier).

Yea, he is full pit bull and so adorable.

mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Pets Dogs AdviceJuly 13, 2009
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Cat
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat
🎉
🎄