AdviceDogs

What Breed is My Dog?

I just got this puppy, she was a dump on the side of the road. I have been told that she is a yellow lab/German Shepard mix. I have also been told that she is definitely a pit bull. Can someone help? I love her no matter what, I just want to know.

Brad from Winterville, NC

To me, her build says (part) pitbull. I am glad that you will love her no matter what, though! What did you decide to name her?

We have a dog that looks quite similar to yours and he is part Staffordshire Terror (pit bull cousin) and German Sheppard, he is a great dog. We have 2 kids and he is awesome with them.

She sure looks like a shepherd/staffordshire terrier mix. I had a wonderful dog of this mix. Smart, calm, obedient, protector of children. Her name was Maxxine. I still miss her. Good luck with your new dog!

Good for you for rescuing a puppy. We did the same thing and found out she was part pit bull and part lab. She is ten now and has always been a gentle, loving dog. Your puppy's build suggests pit bull. Her ears are just like my dog's ears. Other than that, I don't know. But she's certainly a cutie!

Her chest and barrel suggests she's part pitt. Her color suggests part german shep- I think this also because of sudden black muzzle.

Definitely has some form of bully in there and would guess to have shepherd as well, though a pic of pup standing would show the tail as the ears and tail say a lot. I've been training dogs 10 years and specialize in bully breeds. Right now I have a pit-pei (shar-pei mom) and pit that we suspect has either a rather large (not field!) lab or weimaraner due to his size coloring and personality etc.

Alot of rescue places only have a list of about 100 out of a good 500 breeds in their computers, so if you adopt one you get the label that best described them when they came in.

I rescued my baby Sophia from an animal shelter 1 1/2 yrs ago. They said she was a schnauzer mix. Can anyone tell me what else is in her. I have had MANY poodles that are very clingy, she is VERY independent, and quite the tomboy. Wonder if that is the schnauzer or the other breed that is in her. I would appreciate it ;)