What Breed is My Dog?

Has anyone seen a mixed breed like this? I have been going crazy searching all over the world wide web for pictures that look like our baby Raider. He is now 5 1/2 months., born early July 2008. We adopted him from the Fremont shelter. The cutest little thing ever. He loves to play ball and fetch with his toys. He loves walks and being off the leash and is a super fast runner. So you must keep your eye on him at all times.

He also jumps really high and does this little prance kinda walk. He is very lovable, likes to cuddle with me and loves my furry blankets. After all my searching I have come to the conclusion that he is possibly Shiba Inu/Chihuahua or a Shiba Inu mix of some sort. Please reply and post answers if you have any information or if you have any pictures. Thanks.

Mel from Fremont, CA

Could he have Australian Shepherd in him? He just looks sweet!

The first dog to come to mind was Shiba-Inu. They have the ears that stand straight up and a firm muzzle. They also hunt their prey by "sort of" hopping (like a fox in the snow). Cute pup!

At first sight, Raider reminds me of a Basenji. They have ears that stand up like that, as well as the firm muzzle, although their tales curl up. You may want to look them up on Google.

Good luck finding his origin. From you post, though, it is obvious you love him and that's what really matters. :)

Hi Mel, I just seen the picture of your cute little dog. He looks just like mine! Pogo is a mix of pom and feist. His mother was the pom and his dad the feist. His parents are both mine also, although his mother has since passed. But other than Pogo being a bit lighter in color the could be twins. People always think that he is some kind of chihuahua mix but he's not. I don't know if that helps you or not. Michelle

Your little Raider looks just like my mother and father's dog did when she was young, her name's Copper. She's 14 and we've never known what breed she is. When she was younger she was very energetic and when she walks she still kinda prances.

My first thought was Pharoh Hound. He also reminds me a bit of the Vizla. I doubt Shiba-Inu since they look alot like a fox and I don't see fox in your pup. Google some of the breeds folks have mentioned and research them. After looking at a number of pictures and reading some of the descriptions, you'll probably be able to pin him down. You never know, he may not be a mix at all.

Could he be a miniature pinscher? They are well known for their prancing and high-jumping. Cute doggy, no matter what the origin!

Thanks everyone. I will be doing searches on all the breeds you mentioned! Raider says hiiiiiii ruffruff!

I don't have a clue, but my nephew recently adopted a lost dog and took it to the vet for shots, etc. The vet said that now they will do a DNA test on your dog (for about $50) so you can know its breed. Neat, huh? This service is in San Antonio, TX; not sure where else it is offered. Call around. Pretty dog!

He looks a little like a pom/jack russel mix. Beautiful dog! Happy New Year!

Hi everyone. Its MEL! Raiders mommy. So the shelter finally sent us his paperwork so we can register him. They want to register him under chihuahua / puggel mix. I'm guessing this is the final decision per the vent. Tell me what you guys think! Chihuahua / puggel? Here's Raider 6months!

mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Pets Dogs AdviceDecember 22, 2008
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Cat
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat
🎉
🎄