What Breed is My Dog?

Does anyone have any idea what breed my Gary is? We adopted him from a shelter almost four years ago. They told us he was an Alaskan Malamute. From seeing pictures of one I think he must be a mixed breed. His tail is very fluffy and his color doesn't look like any Malamute I've seen. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

By kilburn7 from Rockwood, TN

What a darling baby. I look at this one and the first thing that comes to mind is a wolf/shepherd mix. The wolf being apparent from the build and face and the shepherd from the coat and legs and hip area and ears.

Give it a hug for me!

Ask your vet. He looks like he has several breeds involved, one of them might be chow. Maybe some shepherd, but if he were shepherd/wolf or malamute his ears would stand up.

He's a cutie in any case. If I were you, I would get a furminator to brush that coat of his.

I have a wolf/malamute and yours looks like mine other than the coloring. My wolf is black with white feet.

Looks like a full wolf. Dang!

My parents had two wolves and that was the first thing I thought when I opened this picture. A Wolf mix. What a sweetie pie!

I studied Wolves, had Malamutes and a Collie. You have a Collie/Wolf hybrid or a Collie/Malamute/Wolf hybrid. There are Malamutes with that color. Malamutes come in many colors: black/white, gray/white, silver/white. peach/white, red/white and even tri colored. I believe it has Collie in it because, Collies have distinctive bibs, mains, ears and hip structures, not like other breeds except a Sheltie which looks kinda like a miniature Collie . Wolves have a distinctive coat, markings that Malamutes also have but, a Malamute's muzzle is not like a Wolves. If this were a Collie/Malamute mix the ears would stand up taller than your dog's ears are long. A Wolf's ears are short and will lay back just like in your picture. Malamutes have almond eyes but the spacing is not like a Collie or a Wolf. It's controversial that Malamutes derived from Wolves and nothing to document it. After studying Wolves in their natural habitat and owning Malamutes that exhibit all the Wolf's traits, I believe they were derived from Wolves. Saying that, I personally believe your dog is a Collie/Malamute/Wolf hybrid. I'm kind of an authority on these animals. If you e-mail me I would gladly tell you all you'd want to know about them. Yours is a beautiful animal. He looks like he has a Collie mellow disposition by the way he's holding his ears. I've been a professional canine trainer for over 40 yrs. I can tell he's a sweet guy. My email is: pcjones@neo.rr.com

Pets Dogs AdviceMay 11, 2009
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Cat
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat
🎄
🍂