What Breed is My Dog?

Can anyone tell me what breed my dog is? I was told she was a Staff when I got her, but some think she's got Pit in her. It's not all that important as I love her to bits and she's part of the family. Please help.

By Steve from Grimsby, Great Britain

Hi, this is my dog Sam. We have been told he is a staffy mixed with a collie and he looks just like your dog but sandy.

Steve's dog looks exactly like my neighbor's dog, Nonnie, who is an American pit bull; such a sweetie. Here is a picture of her.

Just wanted to mention that Nonnie has the same markings on her face and forehead as Steve's dog has.

I was under the impression that Staff ( Staffordshire Terrior) and Pit bull were one and the same?

My understanding is that a pit bull terrier and a Staffordshire are, basically, one and the same, with one exception. The pit bull can not, as i understand it, be American kennel club registered, and the staff. Can. Some say there are slight differences in the shape, line, etc., Of the two dogs, but i do think that is just to prevent the awesome pit from "contaminating" the akc with such a "terrible" killer dog being in their ranks. To be honest, we all know there are bad apples in all breeds, but they are usually taught that way, just as people are taught that bad acting works for them. Your dog is beautiful, and pit or not, teach her manners, good behavior, and who is in control. Enjoy a long life with her.

You have a wonderful, loyal dog! Staffordshire Terrier is good to use if 'pit-bull' freaks people out.

Pets Dogs AdviceOctober 15, 2009
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Cat
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat
🎄
🍂